The purpose of the ADH Data Journalism Fellowship is to train a group of talented and forward thinking journalists on how to use data in their stories and then mentor them as they create journalistic pieces that will be published as part of the Africa Data Hub project.
We are recruiting junior journalists based in Kenya who are students or have been working for less than 3 years in a newsroom. Our first cohort of junior journalists will be announced shortly.
What are the benefits for fellows:
- A stipend of up to 30 000 Ksh is available for each fellow
- Data bundles for access to the internet will also be provided.
- Fellows will have direct access to one on one mentorship with the trainers during the programme.
- A training bootcamp in the first week will teach fellows the skills needed to find and analyse data, create stories with data and create beautiful data visualisations that tell a story.
- Fellows will also be introduced to our journalist community, and have access to the Africa Data Hub community which will assist them with finding data.
Who is eligible to apply:
- Junior journalists interested in New Media and data journalism
- Junior journalists based in Kenya
- Junior journalists with 1 - 3 years of work experience
- Fellows must have a laptop.
- Fellows must have high speed internet connectivity.
- Fellows must be able to access zoom.
- Fellows must have experience working with new media/ express interest in working with new media.
- Fellows must be available to attend the sessions and complete the assignment within the assigned period.
This training and fellowship programme is hosted by Odipo Dev - experts in making data work.